We are excited to offer Vivid Vision as part of our visual rehabilitation services. Vivid Vision is an advanced vision therapy software that uses virtual reality to help patients with binocular vision disorders such as amblyopia, strabismus, and convergence insufficiency. Vivid Vision’s powerful technology is used to overcome suppression while improving visual acuity, fusion rages, peripheral awareness, and depth perception.
Patients of all ages may benefit from binocular vision rehabilitation. In order to tell if a patient a good candidate for visual rehabilitation, we evaluate previous treatment history and perform a complete binocular vision exam. Common symptoms of binocular vision problems include:
- Blurred or doubled vision
- Closing or covering an eye when reading
- Squinting while reading or writing
- Difficulty remembering what is read
- Poor eye-hand coordination
- Holding a book or tablet close when reading or playing a game
- Headaches after short periods of near work
If you suspect a vision problem, the first step is a comprehensive vision examination. We also encourage our colleagues in all medical fields to contact us if they have questions about signs, symptoms or findings, or to make a referral.