Events & Happenings
TBI Support group | Now on Zoom!
Time: Dec 9, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 972 938 5610
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,9729385610# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,9729385610# US (New York)
Dial by your location
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 972 938 5610
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/
Neuro Optometry & Brain Injury
The Eastern States Optometric Congress invites you to join us for an evening of education and camaraderie
WHEN: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6pm – 9pm Eastern
As a virtual event, you may also join us at the following local times:
5pm – 8 pm Central / 4pm – 7pm Mountain / 3pm – 6pm Pacific
WHAT: “Our Power Tools: Lenses and Prisms,” with Dr. Randy Schulman
- Lecture presentation ~ 75 min
- Followed by:
- Q & A with Dr. Schulman
- Interactive group discussion on our clinical use of Lenses & Prisms,
moderated by ESOC board members
HOW: Virtually, via Zoom conference!
Registration is $25 / participant
Optometrists, Vision Therapists and Students welcome!
- CLICK HERE to register
VT A to Z OEPF 2020
Date And Time: Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 3:00 AM – Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 5:00 AM +03
This course expands an integrated model of vision and discusses principles of behavioral optometry, including testing procedures, diagnosis, and treatment options with emphasis on vision therapy. The course is for practitioners wishing to expand their model of vision further and learn about a multisensory model of vision that includes proprioception, balance, vestibular, auditory, visual, and cognitive considerations in the optometric evaluation and in the therapy room. The practitioner will gain knowledge on how to utilize multisensory assessments and develop therapeutic interventions that improve the long term success and treatment of our patients within an optometric practice. Case reports of various types will be given and participants will learn best practices for successfully working with their patients particularly in the therapy room, and how to enhance our patient’s overall well being and ultimately potential.
November 3, 2020
Randy Schulman, OD, FCOVD will be giving a lecture on Syntonic Phototherapy
This is part of the Vision Therapy & Rehabilitation Residency at SUNY College of Optometry
November 8, 2020 – 6pm
Eastern States Congress this Fall/ a 75-minute lecture, followed by sharing and possible some break out discussions about Lenses and Prisms 6 pm Sunday night November 8. This lecture is regional/national and open internationally.
News from June 2020
- Jared Herzberg, our head therapist, for getting COVT certified!
- Dr. Schulman lectured to SUNY residents on a multisensory model of vision 5/1.
- Dr. Schulman and former Resident Aaron Nichols published a paper in VDR.
- Dr. Schulman was published in IDOC’s next quarterly.
- Dr. Schulman presented a few lectures at I Heart VT, where she helped other vision therapy doctors & vision therapists learn more about the intricacies in vision therapy patients, treatments, and diagnosis.
- Dr. Schulman remotely led the graduation ceremony for all SUNY residents.