EyeCare Associates ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
We are NOW live with Virtual Vision Therapy, or Vision Therapy at home. Call us for more details and how to get started. Take your Vision therapy visits online!
We are providing Telemedicine services for concerns about vision and urgent care services, such as:
- sudden change in the eyes or visual health
- sudden loss of vision loss
- red eyes
- eye injuries
- eyeglasses that need repair in order to be worn.
Call our office for more information about scheduling.
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice coughing? Trouble breathing? symptoms of fever, chills, muscle ache, pain, HA, sore threat, recent loss of taste or smell
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
- Please be respectful of other people with social distancing
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup)
- In addition to office visits, we will continue Virtual Vision Therapy & Telemedicine going forward.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day