New Year, New Benefits, New Eyewear…
…but first, we want to welcome our new doctor, Justin Rapp, OD to the practice! His specialization is in ocular disease, dry eye and difficult eyeglass prescriptions.
To kick off the new year, we are offering nutritional support and counseling services in addition to our specialty contact lens and vision therapy for development, rehabilitation, sports and vision enhancement.
Here are some tips for healthy vision to consider in 2021.
- Drink Filtered Water
- Excerise at least 30 minutes / day
- Eat Organic Foods
- Rotate foods – Eat different food groups every day
- Get Plenty of Sleep
- Eat Lots of Vegetables and Fruits
- Supplement with Vitamins & Minerals
- Avoid Digital Devices Before Bed
- Limit Sugar Intake
- Limit Caffeine & Alcohol
ANTI-VIRAL NUTRITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS:
There is NO published, scientifically validated, research with any vitamin, mineral, phytonutrient or anti-viral medication, but the following are a handful of science based suggestions for preventing infection and/or harmful effects of the COVID-19 virus.
1. Take Vitamin D3. Food sources are great, but supplements are almost always necessary for your immune system to function properly.
Sources of vitamin D
- Cod liver oil
- Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon
- Albacore tuna
- Sardines, canned
- Milk or soymilk, vitamin D fortified
2. Increase your Vitamin C intake to support all daily immune system functions, so it is important to ingest vitamin C containing foods throughout the day as well as supplement morning, noon and evening.
Sources of vitamin C
- Yellow , Green or Red bell pepper
- Orange juice
- Brussels sprouts
3. Get adequate Sleep of more than 7 hours but less than 10 hours of sleep each night. Appropriate sleep is essential for proper immune system function.
4. Take 1000 mg Turmeric (Curcumin) twice daily, with breakfast and dinner.
5. Drink plenty of Water up to 6 glasses daily.
6. Increase your intake of Fruits for their anti-viral properties and Vegetables for their detoxification properties.
- Gogi berries
- Swiss chard
- Mustard greens
- Turnip greens
- Sprouted broccoli seeds, florets
7. Get regular Exercise.
8. Reduce Stress in your life.
Note: The Meetings shared below will be held over Zoom so please contact Dr Schulman to Join.